What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when:
- you visit and/or register on any Websites owned and operated by us;
- we use a third-party service offered by service providers such as analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, and any other third-party service providers that we choose to collaborate or work with, and we obtain your personal data from those third parties;
- you provide us with your personal data via: Wi-Fi, mobile devices, social media platforms/networks or telephone enquiries, your application for or use of our services;
How Do We Use This Information, And What Is The Legal Basis For This Use?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To conduct our business and pursue legitimate interests, in particular:
- To provide our products or services to you, including responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on our products or services, providing you with information about Defond;
- We monitor use of our Website and our products or services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, contents, services and Websites;
- To process your registration for any investor-related, marketing and promotional information, activities or events;
- To process your registration as a registered user of our Website;
- To provide you with regular communications from us with details of our products, services and relevant information;
- For investigation of complaints and suspicious transactions;
- For prevention or detection of crimes;
- When you give us consent (if required):
To provide you with direct marketing communications in relation to products, services, events, offers or promotions, provided by: (a) us, (b) our business partners, and (c) other third-party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications, newsletters or announcements, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, WeChat/Whatsapp messages, smartphone application push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in–app messaging or postal mail.
Such marketing communications may market or offer any kind of products, services or information which we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us.
- For purposes which are required by law:
In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing Consent Or Otherwise Objecting To Direct Marketing
Wherever we require your consent under applicable law, you will always be able to withdraw any consent provided to us. We shall cease to use your personal data for the purpose in respect of which you have withdrawn your consent, but we may still use, process, store and transfer your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. Irrespective of the basis on which we rely to send you direct marketing, you have right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by: (a) contacting us by email (email@example.com) or by post us to: 5/F., Chaiwan Industrial Centre, 20 Lee Chung Street, Chaiwan, Hong Kong; or (b) by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails.
Who Will We Share This Data With, Where And When?
We may share your personal data with our other related companies situated within or outside Hong Kong for the purposes set out above.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
What Rights Do You Have?
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to update, correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us in a readable format.
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
How Do You Get In Touch With Us?
If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post us to: 5/F., Chaiwan Industrial Centre, 20 Lee Chung Street, Chaiwan, Hong Kong.
How Long Will My Data Be Kept?
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our Website and it is required for business and legitimate interests or legal requirement.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to handle your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in the future.