This website (“Website”) is operated by Defond Electech Co., Ltd (“Defond”, “we” or “ us”). The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the Website.
Please read the Terms carefully before you start to use the Website. Use of our Website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our Website. By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, you must not access or use the Website.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may review and change, modify, add or remove any part in the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when the same are posted, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of the revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Accessing our Website
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may in our sole discretion, suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in all the information (including, without limitation, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, design or other materials) displayed on or available in the Website. The Website and its contents are protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
All our trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names, whether registered or unregistered, are proprietary to Defond or our affiliates. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names without the prior written consent from us.
No reliance on information
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The below standards apply to any and all information or material which you contribute to our Website (the “Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the following standards.
- Be accurate (as to facts) and genuinely held (as to opinions).
- Comply with all applicable laws from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory in nature or defamatory of any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person or to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
You must use our Website only for lawful purposes. You must not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation and is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our Terms herein.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt (i) any part of our Website; (ii) any equipment or network on which our Website is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of our Website; or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Uploading content to our Website
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website as we may deem necessary. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to post, submit, publish, display or in any way upload content to our Website, you must comply with our standards.
You warrant that any such Contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are deemed to have consented to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties to the extent permitted by law.
We also have the right (to the extent permitted by law) to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Website. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with our standards. The views, if any, expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content. If, however, you believe that any contents displayed in our Website violate your copyright, please notify us immediately.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of the Terms through your use of our Website. When a breach of the Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including but not limited to:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or information or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Disclaimer and Limitation of our liability
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will be up-to-date, free from errors or omissions. The Website, its content and any services or items obtained through the Website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither Defond nor any person associated with it makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the Website. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, our Website; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Nothing in the Terms shall limit or exclude any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Defond, its subsidiaries and affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use (or the use of your employees or persons under your control) of the Website, including, but not limited to, your Contributions, any use of the Website’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Third party links and resources in our Website
Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of these websites or resources. We are not responsible for the availability or content of these websites or for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party website. In addition, providing links to these Websites should not be interpreted as our endorsement or approval of the organizations sponsoring the websites or their products or services. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
By accessing our Website, you agree that any claim relating to this Website shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, provided that we reserve the right to pursue legal proceedings in any jurisdiction having control over you and your assets. You also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by us of any term or condition set forth in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure by us to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
The Terms shall constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and Defond with respect to the Website and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to the Website.